Fraud
I'm so tired of dishonesty.
I have been a victim of fraud. Someone has gotten a hold of our credit card number and been making purchases. Thank goodness I check my account regularly and called up immediately to get the fraud department on the trail because they were small not noticeable purchases and no credit card company would have flagged such purchases. I've also been victim to insurance fraud. Based on information that was given me from them I made a decision about insurance only to find out when I go to make an appointment that the doctors don't take it. I was totally taken aback. How can a company list doctors that they claim will take their insurance when in fact they don't. The worst of it is that I probably won't be able to have it changed and corrected for this year, even though University of Florida claims to give you 60 days to make choices. It was the fault of the company and they are blaming me for not doing enough research. Come on how much research can you do? I thought you weren't suppose to make doctor decisions until you know what type of insurance you had, which is what I did. Every state is different. Even though we are the United States of America, I feel that every time I move I'm headed to a different country, foreign language, and different culture and frankly its frustrating.
I have been a victim of fraud. Someone has gotten a hold of our credit card number and been making purchases. Thank goodness I check my account regularly and called up immediately to get the fraud department on the trail because they were small not noticeable purchases and no credit card company would have flagged such purchases. I've also been victim to insurance fraud. Based on information that was given me from them I made a decision about insurance only to find out when I go to make an appointment that the doctors don't take it. I was totally taken aback. How can a company list doctors that they claim will take their insurance when in fact they don't. The worst of it is that I probably won't be able to have it changed and corrected for this year, even though University of Florida claims to give you 60 days to make choices. It was the fault of the company and they are blaming me for not doing enough research. Come on how much research can you do? I thought you weren't suppose to make doctor decisions until you know what type of insurance you had, which is what I did. Every state is different. Even though we are the United States of America, I feel that every time I move I'm headed to a different country, foreign language, and different culture and frankly its frustrating.
Comments
I hate them. I don't know what's worse, dealing with a bloated, incompetent government or a bloated incompetent insurance company.
But to defend the insurance companies a little, doctors often drop insurance companies without telling them for a while if at all. It is difficult to maintain an accurate database of doctors who accept your plan. What I have been forced to do is to find a doctor on the list, then call that practice to confirm that they do indeed take the plan I have.
Good luck. You'll find many such headaches as you and Sean venture away from student life and academia.