Facebook or blog 10 years later

i have been doing this blog since my Kepler was born over 12 years ago in order to keep in touch with family that lived far away.  I've been really bad at it the past few years living here in Utah.  I remember distinctly when my space, Facebook, Twitter all came out and blogging to keep in touch was becoming hard and tedious to keep up.   I created a Facebook account to more easily stay in contact with my Iowa friends as I had just moved once again to a new state, this time Florida.  Then we moved again and Facebook again allowed me to keep in touch with my ever changing situation.  I loved being able to quickly search and see how everyone was doing without bugging them in their daily lives.  Now that I've done this for 10 years, I'm still hesitant of my privacy and so worried that if I say the wrong thing that everyone will judge me.  Social media is getting worse, not better and I don't know exactly how to navigate it except to just walk away.  However recently I realize I can't do that either as I'm entering a stage of parenthood that requires me to at least be educated about what is going on in the social media world in order to not only protect, but educate my kids as well.  So I'm not going to delete Facebook, but maybe change it as a family account and I want to do more blogging.  Very few will read it, but it helps me to keep up and organize my thoughts.  So in conclusion I'll stick with both and hopefully things will start to be better.

Comments

Popular Posts