A Day of Remembrance...
9/11 was a sobering day for me, it was a shocking day to say the least. I was awakened by a phone call from my mother (it was the one day of the week I got to sleep in). Immediately I turned on the T.V. and saw the first twin tower up in smoke, just mesmerized about how something like this could happen. I saw the second plane on the television explode into the next building. I was speechless, I was crying, I was scared.
What is so sad about this anniversary is that as we mourn, the other-side of the world is celebrating in the streets. Why do people want to destroy each other in order to make a statement of power? Or better why is it so important to destroy America?
All I know is that the United States of America functions because we believe in the system. We need to trust in our leaders we vote into office. When there is no trust there is no system.
I'll be the first one to admit that Bush isn't perfect and that he has made some dumb mistakes, but lets ALL support him, both democrat and republican. The majority ruled and lets move on and make the country better, who cares of what offiliation you are with. What is right and wrong is the most important matter.
Are we destroying ourselves because of 9/11 by pointing the finger at someone? I say yes! We need to stop with the blame and just move on. Realize that bad things happen and sometimes its completely out of our control. We can't take away the agency of man.
So in this day of remembrance, lets remember the days when we trusted each other and believe that we can build that trust again, not only in the US system, but with other countries as well.
What is so sad about this anniversary is that as we mourn, the other-side of the world is celebrating in the streets. Why do people want to destroy each other in order to make a statement of power? Or better why is it so important to destroy America?
All I know is that the United States of America functions because we believe in the system. We need to trust in our leaders we vote into office. When there is no trust there is no system.
I'll be the first one to admit that Bush isn't perfect and that he has made some dumb mistakes, but lets ALL support him, both democrat and republican. The majority ruled and lets move on and make the country better, who cares of what offiliation you are with. What is right and wrong is the most important matter.
Are we destroying ourselves because of 9/11 by pointing the finger at someone? I say yes! We need to stop with the blame and just move on. Realize that bad things happen and sometimes its completely out of our control. We can't take away the agency of man.
So in this day of remembrance, lets remember the days when we trusted each other and believe that we can build that trust again, not only in the US system, but with other countries as well.
Comments