I can't believe it!

Ok, so 30 days from today I'm headed back to Utah. My little brother is getting married!

This has been one of those years for me where everything has hit me hard, the realization that I'm not as young as I once was and that my siblings are all adults now. (minus one, Sharlee is still in Jr. High). I mean my first memories were times with my sister Misty and Boe. I remember the non-stop GI-Joe war games with the neighbors. Boe following his sister's lead of jumping from dresser to bed, to end up with a fractured foot. I remember the big-wheel races the three of us had down the hill in the church parking lot. The laughter of Misty and myself as Boe spent hours entertaining us from the Johnny jump-up. Watching Boe play with his Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles! Pulling my Barbies head's off and teasing us the entire time doing it. The unbreakable sports specs, that he broke twice in one year! (they were considered industructable) Soccer every saturday morning. Sega, Nintendo, X-Box... Where did the time go?

The hardest thing is that I have only met his fiance, Marye, once. I wish I was closer so that I could get to know her better. Its hard not being able to spend time to get to know people who are close to you.

Congratulations Boe and Marye!

Comments

Popular Posts