Church

I've been the choir director at my church for the past 2 years. Needless to say, its been a rocky 2 years. One year was a very successful year with weekly practices and a song sung in sacrament meeting about every other month and a good Christmas program, but this past year has been really hard. There are so many talented people in our ward who want to be apart, but just so stretched out with time. So this year with the help of the activities committee and of course the whole ward counsel, this Christmas we are putting on a Nativity. The really neat thing is that the church put out for free use the Savior of the World Production. I have volunteered to spearhead this project and for choir/music the Ames 2nd ward will be putting on "Savior of the World: His Birth". I'm quite excited and hope that in the next month things start coming together quickly. I've been in many productions over my life time, but always part of the cast as actress. As I'm on the production end, I have a bigger perspective of what goes into these productions and have so much respect for those who helped produce and direct those musicals and plays I was apart of growing up as I know they were all volunteers. There is so much to do even before practices start! I'm so excited!

Comments

Popular Posts