Swimming
Ok, have to get this off my chest!
I'm in no way the best swimmer in the world, but there is a thing called swimmer etiquette that if you have at least been at a lap swim session should be familiar with. Yesterday evening was a big day at the swimming hole. There were at least 4 people in each lane and the slow lanes were packed. I had these two bozo's yesterday that were in the "Medium" pace swimming stopping every lap they took, and yes I guess they swam at a medium pace, but that is easy when your stopping every lap. On top of that they really didn't know how to keep to the right of the lane and clearly had no regard to faster swimmer has priority. I mean I was doing a T-15 test (basically you swim for 15 minutes and than you take the number of laps and the elapsed time and you find your average pace time). Well I kept getting stopped because they would think that because I touched the wall I was stopping and than go, when they could clearly see I was in a middle of a turn. It took them 4 laps of me doing this to realize that I wasn't stopping and didn't plan to for awhile. Oh and the girl decided to "cut" from the right side to the left as I was pushing off the wall and I about smacked her hard.
All I have to say is there is a reason for Slow, Medium, Fast lanes. When you are stopping tons you need to be in the slow lane, end of story, period. I admit I stop for a few minutes catch my breath only after I have finished a workout set, but I stay in the corner and away from the wall as much as possible so people can do their turns. I mean come on the black lines in a pool are not just for decoration?
That is my gripe session, hopefully tonight will be a better lap swim night.
I'm in no way the best swimmer in the world, but there is a thing called swimmer etiquette that if you have at least been at a lap swim session should be familiar with. Yesterday evening was a big day at the swimming hole. There were at least 4 people in each lane and the slow lanes were packed. I had these two bozo's yesterday that were in the "Medium" pace swimming stopping every lap they took, and yes I guess they swam at a medium pace, but that is easy when your stopping every lap. On top of that they really didn't know how to keep to the right of the lane and clearly had no regard to faster swimmer has priority. I mean I was doing a T-15 test (basically you swim for 15 minutes and than you take the number of laps and the elapsed time and you find your average pace time). Well I kept getting stopped because they would think that because I touched the wall I was stopping and than go, when they could clearly see I was in a middle of a turn. It took them 4 laps of me doing this to realize that I wasn't stopping and didn't plan to for awhile. Oh and the girl decided to "cut" from the right side to the left as I was pushing off the wall and I about smacked her hard.
All I have to say is there is a reason for Slow, Medium, Fast lanes. When you are stopping tons you need to be in the slow lane, end of story, period. I admit I stop for a few minutes catch my breath only after I have finished a workout set, but I stay in the corner and away from the wall as much as possible so people can do their turns. I mean come on the black lines in a pool are not just for decoration?
That is my gripe session, hopefully tonight will be a better lap swim night.
Comments