Iowa Politics

I just love living in a state where my opinion counts. I still hate the fact that I have to "declare" a party as I hate political parties in general. But in order to participate in caucuses you must. I therefore with much strife decided on a party to participate in. Now my Dad would be proud I've chosen republican, yes I have spoken it to the world now (at least for this election round; 4 years from now it could be different).

Ames is a political haven. Headquarters can be found for Clinton and Obama just down the street from us and over in the downtown area you will find various other candidates as there are a lot. But the fun will be for the republican Straw Poll. A quick and dirty vote for a republican candidates. The history is that who wins the straw poll seems to win the nomination in the end. Now I'm not completely sure who I want, but all I know is I finally got a few tickets to the event! I'm very excited to be apart of a fun political event, especially to see the after effects of the race as the two big (McCain and Giuliani) republican candidates have pulled out.

So August 11, 2007 in Ames we will have an idea of who our republican candidate might be. So far in the blog GOP polls the three leaders in Iowa are 1. Paul 2. Thompson & 3. Romney. This should be interesting. I like living in a state where politics count. (Utah sucked, everyone votes republican and I don't think they even no why? Even the democrats there are more like liberal republicans, its quite pathetic really!)

Comments

Popular Posts