Music

So I have been the ward choir director for 2 1/2 years now.

The past 8 months I have been working & preparing with the ward to put together a stage production of the Savior of the World for our Christmas party this year. I have been really excited for this! This Saturday is the testing point for me. I've advertised as much as you can in a eight month period. I've heard from many people their interest and now with practices starting Saturday we will see. There is only a total of eight Saturdays we can practice this along with 3 rehearsals. But it is only an hour long play and shouldn't take to much out of people's time and my main objective is to bring music more to the ward.

I have also been apart of a community choir, Ames Choral Society. This year I've been asked to be the Soprano section leader and I'm quite excited about it.

I've also been taking professional voice lessons in order to feel more qualified to be the section leader and the ward choir director. I can say that it has helped me realize that even when there is a little talent, it must always be trained and focused. That goes for anything and since I dropped music when I got to college I'd forgotten that little lesson. Everything requires direction and training no matter what you do in life. Its nice to know you don't have to be "young" to pursue hobbies and that hobbies change as you change and grow. What might be fun and exciting at ten can be different at thirty and some things just never lose their luster.

Challenge: Everyone find a new or old hobby and improve on it!

Comments

Joanna said…
Good luck this weekend. I'm sure it will go smoothly and everyone will love it. I'd love to pick up my piano playing-- it's actually #1 on the list when we move into the new house. (buy piano). Have fun.

Popular Posts