Wouldn't want to be in other people's shoes...

Today Sean came by my office unexpected. Here is the conversation.

"What are you doing here?"
"Someone dropped a bottle of highly concentrated HCl and left the building, its lunch anyway."
"what? Someone actually dropped HCl acid?'
"Yep!"
"I bet the HAZMAT team will be in any minute."

Sirens in the background

"Oh, I was talking to a grad student who was next to the lab it happened in and he saw the kid's shoe smoking."

laughing at the scene, I than realize that I shouldn't be laughing. His feet could burn off if not careful. I would totally hate to be in that kids position.

Get back from lunch and go by the building. Its in complete HAZMAT lock down. Level A suits and everything. I wonder how concentrated it really is?

3:00 pm Sean shows up again at my office explaining they (HAZMAT) let us back in the building, but the vapors are horrible. Grabbed the computer and now here to pick of the keys to get Kepler and go home.

Talk about a strange day for Sean. I just feel bad for the poor kid who will now be the example in lab training meetings of what not to do.

Comments

Joanna said…
Yeah- his shoes are prob fried. Hopefully Sean enjoyed his 'off' day. :)
Emily Ann said…
Oh, that is an AWESOME experience. You would hate for that to be you though!! hahaha.... it would have been fun to observe.

Popular Posts