Wasted Time
Since graduating from college, I have come to realize that the real working world there is a spectrum of jobs.
1. The hard working 24/7 never sleep jobs, but you don't care because its what you always wanted and its very fulfilling.
2. The everyday 9-5, the paperwork can wait until tomorrow if I don't get to it today. It helps pay the bills and allows you the freedom to have another life besides your job, but the job is so much fun that it isn't a problem.
3. I need a job for living and I'm over-qualified and therefore get all my work done quickly and quietly and then spend 4-5 hours of the 8 hour day wasting away time.
4. I have to have a job and this is all I could get and I will stick it out and deal with it all my life.
I believe I'm in category 3. I should be in category 2.
I am a trained engineer, and have a personality that always needs to be busy. I've struggled tons with trying to find the right "niche" in the working world. Part of me has started to realize that I might not ever be that engineer I always wanted to be, but for the first time in 4 years since graduating I'm ok with that.
Now don't get me wrong, if the dream job opportunity happens to come my way, I would try to work things out in order to take it, and I know I have a supportive husband to help as much as can be possible.
With that said, These last few weeks Kepler has just loved being with Mom and Dad and I'm starting to realize he needs me more the older he gets. I mean he needed me when he was a baby, but not in the same way and its very nice to know he likes to be with Mommy. So part of me is so willing to be at home with my son and let Sean provide for us, when the time comes that he graduates. I have now said it out loud and hopefully come more to grips with the idea that staying at home is not as bad as it may seem in my mind.
Who knows, maybe staying at home I won't have as much "wasted" time as I do at work...
1. The hard working 24/7 never sleep jobs, but you don't care because its what you always wanted and its very fulfilling.
2. The everyday 9-5, the paperwork can wait until tomorrow if I don't get to it today. It helps pay the bills and allows you the freedom to have another life besides your job, but the job is so much fun that it isn't a problem.
3. I need a job for living and I'm over-qualified and therefore get all my work done quickly and quietly and then spend 4-5 hours of the 8 hour day wasting away time.
4. I have to have a job and this is all I could get and I will stick it out and deal with it all my life.
I believe I'm in category 3. I should be in category 2.
I am a trained engineer, and have a personality that always needs to be busy. I've struggled tons with trying to find the right "niche" in the working world. Part of me has started to realize that I might not ever be that engineer I always wanted to be, but for the first time in 4 years since graduating I'm ok with that.
Now don't get me wrong, if the dream job opportunity happens to come my way, I would try to work things out in order to take it, and I know I have a supportive husband to help as much as can be possible.
With that said, These last few weeks Kepler has just loved being with Mom and Dad and I'm starting to realize he needs me more the older he gets. I mean he needed me when he was a baby, but not in the same way and its very nice to know he likes to be with Mommy. So part of me is so willing to be at home with my son and let Sean provide for us, when the time comes that he graduates. I have now said it out loud and hopefully come more to grips with the idea that staying at home is not as bad as it may seem in my mind.
Who knows, maybe staying at home I won't have as much "wasted" time as I do at work...
Comments