Christmas Traditions

Trying to find and keep traditions is not as easy as it sounds, especially when you have two different backgrounds. I'm in my fifth year of marriage and I'm still trying out ideas. There is one thing though that has been fun and that is I knit our stockings for hanging up on Christmas eve. They each are made of different yarn material and look like a regular sock that you could wear( which is how Sean requested it). Very simple. I didn't get a chance last year to make Kepler's so I've been making his the past few days. I forgot how relaxing knitting can be. I finished the leg part and starting on the foot. I decided to try multicolor and a different stitch. Maybe one day I can make really nice norwegian stocking. But until I get better and take classes, simple will have to do. I'm excited to finish it and hang them up!

P.S. Done with all my shopping! Let the fun baking and good food begin.

Comments

Joanna said…
I just love that you knit your stockings!! (and i'm hoping you make them as homemade gifts one year! hehehe!) Congrats on the shopping getting done... I'm not done yet and it's freaking me out a little!

Popular Posts