Holiday cooking

I love the holidays! I spent last night doing holiday cooking and decorating. Laundry takes some time to do when you have to share it with a building, but finally around 9:30 pm I got a few washers and driers to do my laundry. So as the laundry was going I cooked fudge and caramel popcorn. Yummy! I finished trimming the tree and putting the presents under it. I got to listen to Christmas music and prepare for dinner tonight (crock pot roast) with friends who are coming into town for graduation! Its such a fun time of year. After graduation the plan is to make lots and lots of ginger snaps... I'll post the recipe for those who don't have it. They are the best! Sean & Kepler will eat a dozen in one scoop and I don't mind one bit!

Saturday is for peanut brittle and Christmas Tree bread, and Almond crunch, yum! I'll try to get a Christmas Ice Cream roll in on Sunday, but I have no idea if it will work or not, Sean is willing to help as it is at his request.

I also want to do a bit of shopping for Christmas this weekend, but I'm really at a lost of what to get a 2 year old that the both of us can agree on. I pretty much getting all my shopping done online. I just love that I don't have to go to any stores for Sean's gifts, go amazon! I will have to go to the Toy Store, but I can handle a store. I just love to be home as much as possible.

Comments

Joanna said…
how fun!!!! I haven't had homemade peanut brittle in soo long-- JEALOUS ME!! Good luck getting you shopping done. Happy Weekend.
Kaela said…
YUMMY! I wish I were back in Ames to reap some of the benefits of your cooking:) I'm so glad you have a blog- it's been fun to read. I just tagged you on mine... check it out to see what to do. You're 'it' only if you want to be 'it' of course:)

Popular Posts