2008 Caucus

Ok, Tonight is the big night. The night that I get to say I'm proud to be an Iowan. There is so much media in Iowa that you think the actual election was happening. I mean goodness. I was told that this is the most media coverage a caucus has ever gotten and frankly some of the Iowans don't like it one bit. It takes away from the whole "neighborhood" thing. But tonight we meet with our little precinct out of 1,784 throughout the state in Room F206 at the Ames Middle School.

Iowans are just down to earth farmers when you think about it. 2/3 of the state is still rural. I found out that the purpose of the caucus was for the farmers to get together to discuss possible candidates and try to come to an agreement. If you want more information Wikipedia does a pretty good job.

I'm actual quite excited about the whole thing. I mean this is a chance of a lifetime to feel you get to pick and meet the candidates and maybe one of them might actually be the president! We will take pictures and try to keep you posted as a local instead of having to hear it from bias media.

Happy Caucusing!

Comments

Joanna said…
we saw this on the Haniity and Commes last night and were wondering if you guys were joining in the festivities... SOOOO cool to be where the action is happening!

Popular Posts