Update 2 of Caucus

So I guess I haven't told people who I have decided. I will say I'm doing the Republican caucus and Sean will join me. We were going to split and have one do republican and one democrat, but have decided that the democratic candidates histories of voting etc. are just way to liberal for us, we want to put our vote to a candidate that can really help unite the parties a little more. Sean and I differ on the person and I'm not at liberty to say what his vote is, but during the straw poll I had decided on Romney and I have decided to stick with him. However, I will say that I'm still open minded until I have to fill out my sheet of paper tonight.

I do know for sure one person, no matter what they say for their platform, I will not vote for and that is Huckabee. He is a very scary idealistic man. I really don't think he can keep church and state separate, which I believe is so important in our government! There are other things as well, but why bore you with my opinions.

Truthfully its been hard to pick a candidate. For the first time I have to choose between 7 different people, instead of two like an election. Its exciting and stressful at the same time. Who really fits my opinions? Who's character is telling me what I want to hear and who will actually do it? They all fit in some way, even some of the democratic candidates. Its really a tough decision. But what is also nice is that I can as the democratic process unfolds with other states we can see who is the most favorable among republicans and that is democracy! Makes me appreciate the effort these candidates make before the final election and appreciate Iowa for making the candidates be one-on-one with people. Its pretty cool!

Comments

Popular Posts