Cute Kepler
Ok have to tell about the cutest thing happened last night. Even though he was doing what he wasn't suppose to.
We have a bed time routine and now that we are all healthy he knows it and sticks to it. Its amazing how two year olds catch on so quickly to routines. It starts out with cleaning up our toys. Than if its wed night or sat night we jump into the bath. Than we get our jammies on (which he can pretty much do himself now). Get our toothbrush and brush our teeth, grab daddy to say our bedtime prayers (he has to have all of us there). Than it is pick a book and daddy reads it, every once in awhile he lets me, and than we sing songs and snuggle for a minute with lights out and than go to bed. He hates to go to bed, but he loves the routine.
Last night however, he was being quieter than usual after going to bed. So either he is fast asleep or playing. Well I sneak in and I find him still in bed, but with his valentine balloon close and Green Eggs and Ham which we have read almost every night for the past two weeks, opened and him turning pages and trying to read to himself. It was just too cute! I couldn't be too mad at him. I picked him up, hugged him said he was a bad boy for getting out of bed and getting his book. He was mad at me of course, like two year olds are when you say no, but it was a fun moment to see that he loves his books!
We have a bed time routine and now that we are all healthy he knows it and sticks to it. Its amazing how two year olds catch on so quickly to routines. It starts out with cleaning up our toys. Than if its wed night or sat night we jump into the bath. Than we get our jammies on (which he can pretty much do himself now). Get our toothbrush and brush our teeth, grab daddy to say our bedtime prayers (he has to have all of us there). Than it is pick a book and daddy reads it, every once in awhile he lets me, and than we sing songs and snuggle for a minute with lights out and than go to bed. He hates to go to bed, but he loves the routine.
Last night however, he was being quieter than usual after going to bed. So either he is fast asleep or playing. Well I sneak in and I find him still in bed, but with his valentine balloon close and Green Eggs and Ham which we have read almost every night for the past two weeks, opened and him turning pages and trying to read to himself. It was just too cute! I couldn't be too mad at him. I picked him up, hugged him said he was a bad boy for getting out of bed and getting his book. He was mad at me of course, like two year olds are when you say no, but it was a fun moment to see that he loves his books!
Comments
We have a similar bedtime routine with W, but I still always leave his light on for awhile in case he's not sleepy. The trick is not waking him up when we go back in to turn off the light! And silly Mom that I am, he always has a few books in the crib with him... just in case.