Passports

So in January I filled out all the passport applications and just on Saturday got passport pictures for Kepler and Sean. I even wrote the check out and everything to send Sean's in today, but forgot to bring it to work with me. This morning by the off chance I went online to check that I had everything I needed. Low and behold, last month (february) the U.S. government updated their passport applications and raised their fees. Thank goodness it doesn't take too long to fill out the application, but still if I had never checked it would have been a mess.

There is one thing I noticed that is new, the passport card. Its for those who travel by land and sea to and from Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean and Bermuda, and its half the price, $35 for kids. So for those family members who are always just going to be crossing into Canada via car I totally recommend looking into it for at least the kids. I myself am still getting Kepler a passport as we might fly and you still have to have passports for flying.

Comments

Kaela said…
I have been wanting to get passports for us- they are expensive though. I have a sister in England I would love to visit while she's living there. Occasionally I will look at airline prices to see if there are good deals, but then I remember I need a passport first. That whole process can take awhile too can't it? What trips to you guys have planned?
Joanna said…
I've been meaning for us to do this!! I guess I need to add it higher on my to-do list!
Joanna said…
spring- my cell phone died so I dont have your #s anymore... could you email me??

Popular Posts