adjustments

So the adjustment has begun. I arrived home from the hospital Sunday morning. I was ready to go home by that time for sure. As you know I delivered on Friday May 2nd. Kepler had fun Daddy time all weekend long. Kepler and Dad came to see me Friday evening and than again Saturday, where we watched "the horsies" (Kentucky Derby) as Kepler puts it. After that he wasn't getting enough attention and so Daddy took him home. I missed them both so much and was excited to be home.

I'm get sore still, when I forget to take my Ibuprofen, otherwise everything seems to be going ok. Philip eats, sleeps and poops just like most babies. Kepler was very different he would stay awake for a full 3 hours between feedings. So to have a sleeper is weird. Breastfeeding is going 100 times better and easier. Its so nice to know how things work and not to get over anxious if the baby skips a feeding (with Kepler I would freak out).

Kepler is really good with Philip and I'm trying my hardest to deal with two! I've already had a couple of breakdown moments, but talking with others I realize I'm not the only one and it makes it so much easier to realize that I'm human and move on to the next moment or day.

Today Kepler was great! I find if I can get Philip fed before he comes home from Day Care and play with him for just 10-15 minutes he is completely satisfied with attention and doesn't get into much trouble the rest of the evening. He still completely ignores what I say sometimes, but I'm learning to only ask him to do things when I know I can back it up with a consequence I can follow through with otherwise I just need to wait and not worry about it until then.

So Sean has been giving Kepler baths the last month and so I decided I was going to do it tonight to give him that extra attention. Little did I know what I was getting myself into. Sean and Kepler have this thing with dunking head and full out playing, I swear after 5 minutes into the bath and half the water on me, I just didn't have it in me to be that active! Sean had to take over and Kepler just absolutely loves it. They both come out soaking wet with big smiles and it really makes me happy to know how much daddy is willing to do (I guess I need another week of healing before I can get that active and to wear a swimsuit!)

So I haven't taken many pictures, I feel bad already as by this time I had like a dozen cute poses of Kepler... I guess I'll do a photo shoot tomorrow of Philip, if I'm not taking long naps again.

Comments

Joanna said…
how fun!! adjustments are hard but, enjoy this time- it really does go by fast. Already Owen is into an entirely new stage and the kids are different. Good luck and get some rest!!
shannon taylor said…
Hang in there -- you're doing awesome! I'm impressed that you have adjusted to what you have in a week! Way to go Spring
Rachael M said…
Glad to hear things are going pretty well-- I hope it continues, and keeps getting even better!

Isn't it funny how different baths are when the Daddies give them?
Kaela said…
Recovery is no fun, though it does help to have an adorable little newborn to snuggle with. Makes it all worth it:) Sounds like Kepler and daddy are getting some great bonding time too!

Popular Posts