Thoughts of a mother

it has been two weeks of being a mother of two. I've watched Kepler bond with Nana and get upset when she had to say goodbye. The thought that Kepler was so upset made me cry and realize that we are too far from family and only going further. I've watched him be so excited about being a big brother. He has his moments when he can't get my attention right away and has fits, but for the most part he is so cute with Philip!

Philip had his two week appointment and weighs 8 lbs 13 oz. I think he made his birth weight and than some!!! Good grief he must be eating cream! I'm no longer going to worry that he is not getting enough.

I'm so glad that I'm only going back to work for 6 weeks, I'm starting to be ready to stay home. I'm grateful we have day care for Kepler, but by the time Philip and I have had our nap, I miss him and want him to come home. This mommy is ready to leave the working world and enter a different career.

Comments

shannon taylor said…
wow spring!! two kids is a-changing you! :) doesn't that feel great when the baby gains weight and you know that YOU did it??! yea for you and Philip.

we'll miss you all so very much
Joanna said…
It's farther away from thutah relatives but, closer to us! I can't wait for Ethan and Lorali to see Kepler all the time and Owen and Philip to grow up together for the next few years!
Jessica Brunson said…
We got Philip's birth announcement last week. Thanks. It was nice to hear from you guys again. I know what you mean about being far from family. Jared really, really misses his family in Utah. We have been thinking alot lately about moving back, even though we do love it here in California. Thanks again for sending the link to your blog. I will be checking up on you guys.
Anonymous said…
What a sweet sentiment! I know I couldn't do it but it is nice that soon you won't have to. We will miss you guys so much! Philip is beautiful and makes me long for my little baby to arrive soon!

Popular Posts