Huh?

So we found the perfect place to move. New, big and just perfect. However, we are not eligible to live there because we make too much!! What kind of a state am I moving too? That just completely blew my mind that we are not eligible to rent from a place because we make to much. Now that is just wrong.

Moving is exciting, but I have forgotten all to quickly how when I moved to Iowa there were a lot of weird things. Like having to rent an apartment in March in order to move in August. Now I"m dealing with the fact they won't hold an apartment for more than 2 weeks! This just made my stress level rise even higher as I can't really look for an apartment until mid July now. This really stinks.

Comments

Rachael M said…
This sounds A LOT like what we found when moving to IL. A lot of apt. complexes and townhouses were run by HUD, so you have to fall within certain income guidelines-- you can't make too little, and you can't make too much. AND you have to provide proof of income BEFORE you are even approved. So if you don't know exactly how much you're going to make, you're kinda screwed. I agree that it's CRAZY.

We also had to keep driving back here to look at places because nobody wanted to hold theirs for even a month! SO FRUSTRATING!!

I'm sure it will all work out, but I know that it's stressful. Hang in there!
Joanna said…
This is really common in the South. We found the same problem here. There are ways to get around it but, with all the hassle it's sometimes more then it's worth. Good luck!

Popular Posts