Iowa Storms

so the floods are here full force! Thank goodness it hasn't affected us personally, but there are so many people in Ames that it has affected. It is amazing to see the organization of the church work so perfectly! I'm absolutely amazed how efficient the visiting and home teaching calling tree works! Everyone gets accounted for and needs are meet immediately! We spent most of our time in relief society and priesthood making sure everyone has the help they need and to give help as quickly as possible! And when the city asked for sand baggers in the middle of the day, the women went to the church dropped their kids off with a few mothers to play in the nursery room and the rest went sandbagging. I mean when disaster strikes we find a way to make it work to help!

Keep dry everyone!

Comments

Kaela said…
I'm glad you haven't been too affected. I have been watching about it in the news, worrying about my Iowa friends. I agree- the church is amazing when disaster strikes!
shannon taylor said…
hasn't it been amazing?! the visiting teaching system has worked at it's absolute finest! really, really neat to be a part of all of this
Rachael M said…
We're so happy to hear you are safe. It's been a scary summer, weather-wise, especially for the great state of Iowa!

Popular Posts