PICTURES

Isn't Sean pretty good? I'm excited for more pictures to come over our lifetime!





Comments

Jessica Brunson said…
I love the photos. You did a great job Sean. What did you use as your lighting?
Anonymous said…
Jessica, there was no preparation behind these photos. I had just received my new camera & lens and was simply playing around. The two of Sippa were done to get a feel for how shallow the depth of field is with the 50mm f/1.4 lens & full format sensor. Looking at the results, I wish I would have opened up from f/1.8 to f/2.5. It would have given a little sharper image, and I would prefer a slightly larger depth of field. The composition and getting the right facial expressions were occupying my mind and I didn't realize how close we were (a little more than two feet), which plays a much stronger roll in depth of field. Anyway to answer you question, Sippa was in his bouncer on the ground below a cheap hanging chandelier-type light that has five compact florescents in it. The one bit of preparation I did was to white balance the shot using a WhiBal (very much recommended if you don't have one).
April said…
Great pictures! It helps to have beautiful subjects. love you all.
Rachael M said…
These are wonderful photos. I am really starting to see the family resemblance between the two boys. They're both cute as can be!

Popular Posts