Summer - 4th of July


We didn't get much of a weekend due to the fact Sean had this little thing called a thesis to write, but he did make time to let me go see the fireworks together as a family. I love fireworks, maybe its the pyro in me, but they are so fun to watch, and even more how they work. We don't live very far from the firework show in ames and decided to walk this year. It was perfect! Perfect weather, beautiful sunset and fun time with our second family, the Ames ward.
Kepler is still a bit nervous around fireworks and he won't touch a sparkler for anything. I guess he is too smart for his own good. I have many fond memories of the 4th of July. Growing up it was usually an early morning breakfast with a hike from Millcreek canyon in Utah. We mainly did the overlook hike so my Dad could show us our house from the top of the mountain, and that it was the shadiest hike for the family, but we did others as well. One year we went to San Diego for the 4th of July, other times it was boating, and as I got older it was doing nothing at all. In all summer is here!
Comments