The move

The move has come and gone and we are still getting adjusted. We left July 30 at 4:00 pm. Basically we checked out and turned in our key to our apartment and left. It was quick and the fact we were leaving had not entered into my mind. We had just had a wonderful lunch at Stomping Grounds with family and went shopping for shirts for Sean at the Mall. Then we were in Iowa City to say goodbye to the the Mill's.


Then off to as far as we could drive: Hannibal. For some odd reason it was hard to get a hotel room, why is still beyond me as there was nothing big going on. Even the hotel managers were not sure why. But we found one and just slept. Then we headed for day two. Made it to Nashville where I called it quits, Sean could have gone longer, but it was a hard day, lots of stopping for feedings and I was worn out.





Then we headed to Atlanta. Took longer to get into the car, I wasn't in a hurry and it cost us by heading into end of the day traffic in Atlanta. Sorry about that Sean. But we eventually made it to Doug and Joanna's and we were ready to have fun. And boy did Kepler enjoy every moment. My favorite was all the time he played in the kitchen, just loved it and it was so cute. Can't wait to go back. We also test drove a Mini. Now that was a fun car! we spent the weekend recovering and relaxing, as much as I wanted to do more I'm glad we just chilled out!

Monday we left around lunch time to head down to Fort Walton Beach. Found a hotel right on the beach and just soaked in the salt sea air! I couldn't believe we had actually made it. Tuesday we checked out and headed to sign our lease and move in. Sean spent the morning with the moving truck and I went with the kids to turn the water and power on along getting our mailbox key at the post office. We've been here a week and so far so good.



Comments

Renshaw Family said…
I didn't know the Mills had another baby. When did that happen???
April said…
Congradulations! You made it. Florida is lucky to have you and it seems like the perfect excuse for me to visit Disney World... I will have to work on Gentry for that one. Love you.
Marye said…
I'm glad you made it! We really missed you in Oceanside last week! Good luck getting unpacked & settled in!
Marye said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said…
Spring, I think you should change the subtitle of your blog. It should read, "A Sunshine Girl in the Sunshine State!"

Also- Troy and Taivna's new baby is Zaya. She was born around July 24. She looks so much like her sister.
Nadine said…
Glad to hear you made it to Florida. I seem to have misplaced your e-mail address. I know the first part, but can't recall the whole thing. Could you send it to me? I have a couple of things I'd like to touch base on. Nadine
shannon taylor said…
I was also excited to see a new Mills baby (aka the MOST beautiful combination for children on the planet earth!!) Happy to hear you made it; I hated coming home from vacation and knowing you were gone :(
Rachael M said…
Adorable pictures! How exciting about the Mills family. They do have the prettiest girls ever. How fun that your boys and their girls are so close in age! I had initially thought Sanah should marry William since they are both so beautiful and exotic. :) Then Taivna told me that Sanah was already kissing Kepler, so I had to tell William to step aside. ;)

Popular Posts