Sunburn Thoughts
thought?
Why is it that after many sunburns I still haven't learned? well the truth is I learned that I don't tan many years ago. This time my sunburn was due to the fact I was distracted trying to take care of something more important, my son.
Thinking about this I've started to realize how my sunburns are a lot like many of my life lessons. I get a burn and I learn that I have to have sunblock. The next time I realize that I need sunblock every 20-30 minutes. The third time I realize I should wear sunblock and make sure I have a hat, long sleeve cover up and an umbrella. So each time I learn what my boundaries and limitations are, but haven't perfected it. Than I don't go out in the sun for almost 8 years. Than I go out to the beach again, put suncreen on and this time instead of doing what I learned of covering up, sunblock and umbrella, I want to make this a fun experience for my kids and so just go without completely preparing. This time I have a distraction, a good excuse right? I was taking care of my sons. But in the end I ruined all the fun. Even though Kepler didn't get burned, he still had to suffer with the consequences because I burned so badly I couldn't go out and be with him in the sun for a week. I'm uncomfortable and little irritated with the peeling of my skin and my sons and husband suffer because as the saying goes, "if the mama aint happy, aint no body happy".
Lesson for me is that sometimes I have to make sure I make the time to put me first even if it is only for a few moments each day. This doesn't make me a bad mother, in fact, it makes me a better. When I give time to myself, I'm better equipped to help and enjoy my sons.
So even though I might have to learn the lesson all over again. The trial was worth it as it reminds me that I need to step back and look at why it happened in the first place and to not get complacent or comfortable in my life. Maybe that is why we have to overcome the same trial over and over again!
Why is it that after many sunburns I still haven't learned? well the truth is I learned that I don't tan many years ago. This time my sunburn was due to the fact I was distracted trying to take care of something more important, my son.
Thinking about this I've started to realize how my sunburns are a lot like many of my life lessons. I get a burn and I learn that I have to have sunblock. The next time I realize that I need sunblock every 20-30 minutes. The third time I realize I should wear sunblock and make sure I have a hat, long sleeve cover up and an umbrella. So each time I learn what my boundaries and limitations are, but haven't perfected it. Than I don't go out in the sun for almost 8 years. Than I go out to the beach again, put suncreen on and this time instead of doing what I learned of covering up, sunblock and umbrella, I want to make this a fun experience for my kids and so just go without completely preparing. This time I have a distraction, a good excuse right? I was taking care of my sons. But in the end I ruined all the fun. Even though Kepler didn't get burned, he still had to suffer with the consequences because I burned so badly I couldn't go out and be with him in the sun for a week. I'm uncomfortable and little irritated with the peeling of my skin and my sons and husband suffer because as the saying goes, "if the mama aint happy, aint no body happy".
Lesson for me is that sometimes I have to make sure I make the time to put me first even if it is only for a few moments each day. This doesn't make me a bad mother, in fact, it makes me a better. When I give time to myself, I'm better equipped to help and enjoy my sons.
So even though I might have to learn the lesson all over again. The trial was worth it as it reminds me that I need to step back and look at why it happened in the first place and to not get complacent or comfortable in my life. Maybe that is why we have to overcome the same trial over and over again!
Comments