Thoughts on a Debate

THAT WAS AN AWESOME DEBATE LAST NIGHT! Watching it made me feel like a giddy 16 year old at her first Lincoln Douglas Debate. The adrenaline was flowing. I thought it was great that for the first time there are two candidates that disagree and have two different approaches. For the first time since I started watching presidential debates back in '96 this was a fun one. Now if I was a judge of the debate and had to pick a winner I would give it to McCain, but not by more than a point or so. I love it when two people get into a good debate, its just as fun for me as football is for others.

The problem I have is the stupid news reporters. I mean what kind of a question is: How do you think Obama presented himself? With a response from a undecided voter: He was great! Blah, what kind of question and answer is that? They should be asking such things like: Who had better argument about such and such issue? I mean I'm tired of reporters trying to be the story and not reporting the story..... oh well.

Comments

Doug Wallace said…
I too watched it...don't know what I was hoping to see. It was, unfortunately, a bunch of mindless prattle. It was very evident the themes that each tried to inject into each answer they gave: McCain is W's best buddy, and Obama is in over his head. The sad thing is that if anyone really wants to know specifics about the candidates, they are left to their own devices because they certainly did not get any from the debate and never get any from the media. Good luck, misinformed, lazy voter, you are choosing the next president.

Popular Posts