new talents

So today I attempted to learn the organ. Going through the symbols and how they correlate with music was easy. Trying to keep the song smooth and transition and do foot pedals was nearly impossible, but I got through a song. I'm excited to learn this new instrument and hope that I can be of help to the ward. I've always wanted to learn and just never had the time with working full time and managing a family. Now that I have time during the day I am going to try. You never really appreciate organist until you have tried it. I'm one of three people who are willing to play the piano. I struggle in front of the congregation, but don't mind in small settings. I hope that I can learn enough to play in sacrament meeting. For the time being they get the piano. I'm so glad I love music and make it a priority in my home. I'm grateful for a piano that my grandmother gave me so that I can keep music alive. I've now carted this piano from Utah to Iowa and now to Florida. The wood needs to be sanded and refinished, but the sound is just awesome.

Comments

April said…
I love my piano too. It is probably not as nice as yours but it is just the fact that Court and Tate are taking lessons and learning how to play that is important to me.
It is so cool that you are trying to learn the organ, ex. since you are teaching yourself. All I can say is, "you go girl!"
Joanna said…
WOW! GOOD LUCK! Cant wait tohear you play!
Shari said…
Wow, that's awesome!! What a cool thing to learn and that's great you get to play in Sacrament.
I bet you guys are getting excited for your first Thanksgiving in Florida--and with such different weather too! ;)

Popular Posts