Florida and Friends

Ok. I admit it. I love the weather here in Florida, its so nice to go on a bike ride/walk with Kepler, or the park in the middle of January. Its fun to do a beach afternoon on Saturday's with the whole family. Its nice to have sun! I get to go to Disney World - which I thought would never happen, because as a Floridian, I get amazing discounts.

However, I am struggling with finding good friends. I'm mean its been almost 5 months. I can't seem to relate to anyone here, both Sean and I. There are good people, don't take me wrong. But I haven't found a good friend, one who can relate with me, giggle with me, and have fun with me. In Ames I seemed to find that on every corner and my ward was just amazing with a plethora of friends and good people. I'm glad that I get to keep up with all my Ames friends. I miss you guys!

Comments

April said…
It is a strange thing how we connect (and sometimes don't connect) with others. Sometimes it just takes longer. I hope that is all that it is. It will make your time in Florida drag on if you don't feel a connection with others soon.
I am thinking of you and wish we could do that with eachother. I am feeling a bit lonely here in my own ward. Not because I don't have friends, just no one I am really close to.
Anonymous said…
Spring I know just what you mean. I had so many great friends in Ames, but here it's not as easy. I'll admit at church there really aren't that many stay at home moms, like 4 with kids my age and I don't have neighbors with kids my age, or evenclose to my age at all. I'm missing Ames too.

Popular Posts