Taxes

So I'm glad to be done with Taxes. Federal is electronically filed and accepted and this is the last year I have to file a state tax. Now that I'm a Floridian, there is no state income tax. I've hated filing Iowa taxes, every year I swear they audit me and their online system sucks, so I stuck with paper and pen for the last 5 years. Doing it old school in iowa seemed to work better and since two of those five years where part-year filings paper was more clear and I wasn't about to pay someone $80 to file my state taxes each year. But its done, signed, stamped, and on its way!

The truth is I've never really minded doing taxes. I've been filing my own taxes since my first job at 16. I have had more refunds than I had to pay, but even when I had to pay it was not so much that we could not handle it, or the credits we received took care of the amount owed. I've always worked my w2 out so that I usually am within 100 dollars either way in paying my taxes. People love returns, but frankly as I've gotten older I prefer not to have them as it just means more money was taken from me than should have in the first place,and vice versa. Frankly the system is so complex that it just blows my mind that with all the technology we have we can't seem to get it right the first time. But, I'm not against credits! This year because of a lot of changes we really got a lot of credits which is really nice, I like it when the government gives me money. In terms of taxes I actually owed we were right on the money again! So what to do with my credit refund? Well, that is a good question...

Comments

Popular Posts