Priorities, Sacrifices, and Life
Bear with me as I do a long blog today.
For the first time since I was 16 I am not looking forward to conference weekend. I feel like nothing in my life is in place and church seems to be more a chore then a fun service. I feel the whole weekend will be chastising me for things I'm not getting done, haven't done, or need to get done and I just don't need it right now. So I'm ill prepared for the weekend. The worst is that is only part of it. I feel as if church right now is draining me. I'm trying to be involved but only find that everyone is so worried about "rules" and how its "suppose" to work and so much micromanaging that its no longer fun to even try to get things done. I've thrown my hands up and no longer want to help with anything not related to my calling.
Lately I have been reevaluating my priority lists. All kinds of lists, Food, entertainment, decorating, organizing, finances. You get the picture. Since the day Sean and I were married we always have lived within our means. But as of late, with staying home with the boys and trying to cut costs, I only find myself saving money in one category of the budget and spending the money elsewhere, like hobbies and clothing. Where before moving here, I never had time for those things unless my clothing were so shabby and falling apart I had to buy the bare essentials and hobbies, I only bought one project at a time. So now with all this time I never had I'm doing more projects, but also filling my head with even more, thinking I have all this "time". I finally after going through my projects and writing down my list I realize that I can't get them all done by the end of the year and so the prioritizing began there and has moved onto the rest of my lists. I'm starting to realize that I have to sacrifice more than I have. I'm starting to realize that food storage isn't just about preparing, but it helps me with organizing my time and knowing that I ALWAYS should have extra meals around in which I don't have to go to the grocery store. I'm realizing that to meet a food budget I have to sacrifice time for my hobbies in order to prepare food in a timely manner. I realize that some things are just worth sacrificing the time in order to save the money.
So to wrap up. I met the most incredible person today. Julie! Her two daughters are exactly Philip and Kepler's ages. They played so well today at the park and Julie, thinks, talks and has very similar personality as me. It was the best 3 hours at a park I've ever had. The best thing is she lives just down the street!
For the first time since I was 16 I am not looking forward to conference weekend. I feel like nothing in my life is in place and church seems to be more a chore then a fun service. I feel the whole weekend will be chastising me for things I'm not getting done, haven't done, or need to get done and I just don't need it right now. So I'm ill prepared for the weekend. The worst is that is only part of it. I feel as if church right now is draining me. I'm trying to be involved but only find that everyone is so worried about "rules" and how its "suppose" to work and so much micromanaging that its no longer fun to even try to get things done. I've thrown my hands up and no longer want to help with anything not related to my calling.
Lately I have been reevaluating my priority lists. All kinds of lists, Food, entertainment, decorating, organizing, finances. You get the picture. Since the day Sean and I were married we always have lived within our means. But as of late, with staying home with the boys and trying to cut costs, I only find myself saving money in one category of the budget and spending the money elsewhere, like hobbies and clothing. Where before moving here, I never had time for those things unless my clothing were so shabby and falling apart I had to buy the bare essentials and hobbies, I only bought one project at a time. So now with all this time I never had I'm doing more projects, but also filling my head with even more, thinking I have all this "time". I finally after going through my projects and writing down my list I realize that I can't get them all done by the end of the year and so the prioritizing began there and has moved onto the rest of my lists. I'm starting to realize that I have to sacrifice more than I have. I'm starting to realize that food storage isn't just about preparing, but it helps me with organizing my time and knowing that I ALWAYS should have extra meals around in which I don't have to go to the grocery store. I'm realizing that to meet a food budget I have to sacrifice time for my hobbies in order to prepare food in a timely manner. I realize that some things are just worth sacrificing the time in order to save the money.
So to wrap up. I met the most incredible person today. Julie! Her two daughters are exactly Philip and Kepler's ages. They played so well today at the park and Julie, thinks, talks and has very similar personality as me. It was the best 3 hours at a park I've ever had. The best thing is she lives just down the street!
Comments
I'm glad you met someone who made you happy!