Change...

I have always loved change, I even sought for it at times. I love instability and to do things on a whim, it made life so much more exciting. It was not until I got married and literally moved across the country away from the only place I called home that I realized that I had a comfortable world in Utah. Soon however, I found another routine and good people and began my life all over and found life to be fun and comfortable. This last move was hard and I realized that I really did not like change as much as I thought.

Change is the one thing that is constant in all our lives and I'm glad I've embraced it to a certain extent. I'm glad I'm not the same girl I was five or even ten years ago. Each experience has made me a better person. Dating my husband for a long time was really hard on me at times, especially as I watched others meet and get married all in a year. But it cured me of the "just want to get married to be married" to I don't care when or how we celebrate getting married, I just want to be with you as my husband. During those dating years we learned how to grow and change together and it has made my married life more fun. We just celebrated our sixth wedding anniversary (or 11 years since we met). I love him so much and would not change how we embrace change. Here is to another fun year!



Comments

Popular Posts