take that...

Ha! Woo-Hoo! I did it! I ran for a full 40 minutes this evening. It took about 25 minutes for my second wind/gear however you want to call it to kick in, but when it did I felt like my old self. What even made my day more is I did 3.75 Miles in that 40 minutes. Not world record or anything, but my timing and stride is starting to come back to me. Strange that even after 10 years of not running full time that techniques I learned in High School track can come back. So I'm starting to feel that my swimming and running is progressing nicely. I have no idea how my biking is doing because frankly I never biked, so have nothing to compare to it. My goal is to finish this sprint tri around 75 minutes or under. I'm now entering the full force of the 10 week training tomorrow. My goal is to work through the "brick"(bike to run - man it really is the weirdest feeling in the world) and hopefully have it not kill me and work on my swimming technique to get me faster. I'm starting to enjoy working out more. I mean its so much more fun when you are striving for something other than "just staying in shape". Worthy cause and all, but sometimes these athletic contests are fun to make the work-out more enjoyable.

Comments

Popular Posts