1:03:23



Well its official I'm now a triathlete! I'm very proud of myself. I didn't quit or stop once. I just pushed through it. All the training paid off. The swim took me off guard a little, only 200m, but the water was really salty and really warm, just not use to it. I ended up breaststroking to get out of the pack and by the time I got into a freestyle groove, the swim was done, 200 m isn't far. The road bike made me feel as if I were sailing through extremely fast. I could not believe it. (earlier when my bike had not shown up 30 minutes before race start, I was getting extremely nervous and so Sean McSheehy stepped up and let me borrow an extra one he brought). Then the run was like any run, I was a little slower than I would have liked, but 25:21 isn't bad for 2.5 miles. The bummer thing is I forgot to check my camera battery before I left. So Sean only got one shot at me swimming. Oh well! I have 276 all over my body in permanent ink and proud of it. Thanks to all for your online and everyday support as I trained and performed the race! IT WAS FUN and I think I will be doing it again!

Comments

Kaela said…
Woohoo!!!! Way to go- you have SO inspired me. I really hope to get in better shape after this baby!

Popular Posts