Triathlon: My Frist Tri, Eglin AFB, Fort Walton Beach, FL

When I first signed up for this triathlon and begun the search on how to approach to train for it, I had complete fear in me. I thought that this was absolutely crazy. Now after 11 weeks of training and down to 10 days to go, I totally feel I have the strength to not only complete the course, but complete it with confidence and hopefully in the top half of the 365 participants. I'm still nervous, and I wouldn't be normal if I wasn't. Through it all I feel I'm ready to "bring it on" and show myself and those around me that I can not only do a triathlon (even though its a sprint triathlong), but do it at 30! For those who are wondering what the distance this triathlon is: 200 meter swim, 8 mile bike, and 2.5 mile run. Last Saturday I did a "trial" triathlon at the gym and I feel that I can achieve my goal of under 75 minutes. I just received an email telling me I'm in wave start #6, so its really real!

Comments

Shari said…
Wow, it sounds like you've been working way hard! I'm excited to hear how well you do! Good luck!!! You'll do great!

Popular Posts