Living the Dream
Today was an interesting day at the gym. Usually there are just bunch of moms like myself and old people, which has suited me just fine! Today I was totally being hit on by this guy. Now I'm flattered that he thought me hot and at 30 I'll take it, but then he just wouldn't stop trying to flirt with me, anyway you get the picture. I mean what part of ring on the finger and kids do you not understand? Any way he asked me an interesting question, What are your dreams? or you just stuck with being a stay at home mom. I was first a little taken aback at the stuck as a mom, but My response to him is that I'm living my dreams and that I have accomplished a lot of the goals I set for myself back when I was young. For the first time in 20 minutes he was sort of speechless.
With reflection after getting home and being with my kids and Sean showing up for lunch, I realized I was living my dream. I have two beautiful boys who love me and I love them. I have a wonderful husband in which we are equal in every way. And I didn't get "stuck" as he put it as a stay at home mom. I chose it and there are times there are difficult days, but every career path has challenges. And so I say again, yep I answered correctly. I'm living the dream!
With reflection after getting home and being with my kids and Sean showing up for lunch, I realized I was living my dream. I have two beautiful boys who love me and I love them. I have a wonderful husband in which we are equal in every way. And I didn't get "stuck" as he put it as a stay at home mom. I chose it and there are times there are difficult days, but every career path has challenges. And so I say again, yep I answered correctly. I'm living the dream!
Comments
thanks