Technology
Sean and I were discussing the changes of technology through out our lives. In recollection I've summed up the fact that we have lived through amazing things. I remember getting on computers and having to boot it up with a 5 inch floppy and then put in another floppy to run a program. I remember learning how to type on a electronic type writer (I took typing in 9th grade- Jr. High). I thought that the erase key was the coolest thing at 14. I remember when our High School got a entire room full of computers donated my sophomore year and it was a cool room. I remember that in order to search something in a library you had to look the topic up on index cards that were stored in little boxes drawers. I remember when the counseling center my Jr. Year of high school said they had a dial up modem to look up university information for application process and they were quite proud of that! I mean when I graduated from high school, no one heard of email or internet quite yet. I remember having to register for classes through the phone system my first year at the University of Utah. I also remember the biggest room in the world of the "new" library addition had so many computers and thinking that you couldn't possibly have them all used. I remember having to sign up for an email on the pine system. I remember my first real job as a secretary and having to use the internet for searches and how cool and powerful these computer programs I had to get my work done. I remember when google was first introduced and the google races we would have. Well you get the point. I'm in awe and amazed at the technology and personally I love it. There is so much out there to help in your individual needs that all I can say again, Amazing!
Comments