Music is my life... No joking

So I love music, but before December I felt as if it was completely taking over my life. I love teaching piano, but my added calling in Church is the Music Chairman, my other calling is primary chorister (see can't seem to get away from it). My husband reminds me constantly that I should do only what I can and let the rest work itself out. But its hard for me not to give my all to something. Well I just about over did myself and was grateful for the month off in December when I went home. I came back refreshed and approached everything differently. I realized that I love music, but I've struggled teaching it to kids. I'm a technical person and really struggle with finding the "fun" or "cute" way to teach it. After much searching and praying I found an amazing blog. She is so great with ideas and it helps me to put together something fun for the kids. Just in a month I'm more relaxed and I owe it all to The Crazy Chorister. I've also started to rely more on others who are willing or want to help and amazed at the results. So even though Music is my life right now, its at least bearable again. For those who don't think music is a lot of work, here is my Sunday routine. Sacrament Meeting: direct all the music. Primary opening exercises: Direct music. Nursery: Singing time for 15 minutes. RS - Play piano and go over practice song. Primary - Music time. During my 10 minute break I try to do next week/months songs for Primary and Sacrament. Head back to church at 4:00 pm to support the choir director and choir. Anyone panting yet?!?! I'm usually glad when the day is done so I can rest. I think this is what I will be doing until we move again. Maybe next ward I'll wait a year before telling people that I can do music, just for a break.

Comments

Shari said…
Yeah, I wouldn't blame you for not checking that you play the piano or sing in your next ward...Just reading that makes me very tired! I'm sure you do an amazing job with it all though. :)

Popular Posts