Home Buying

Since moving out to Utah and finding that rent and purchase are about the same, I decided to begin the house hunt! Now I've only been out twice, but man is it exhausting. In some ways it isn't too different from looking for an apartment. The difference is with renting you have little to no responsibility and buying it is your's to invest into. This weekend I'm finally taking Sean to see the tops of my two hunts. I'm finding myself kind of excited and discouraged at the same time. I'm grateful to Sean's cousin, Dave, kind of paving the way for us as we have never done such a thing. We aren't were we wanted to be when purchasing a home. I wanted 20%, but its just really unrealistic unless you wait 5-10 years. That also just blows my mind too, that Kepler could be 14 before ever really owning a home. We aren't really here permanently and so part of me is scared we are making a mistake. I've consulted and asked many people and there are as many pro's as there are con's. I hate making decisions, when there isn't a clear path or at least a clear dominating reason. There is so much unknown. I can only hope I (we) can make the right decision for us and it won't burn us in the end.

Comments

Popular Posts