Halloween
So Halloween is now fast approaching. I love Halloween, not really for the candy (though that is a plus), but for the dressing up! I've always loved to dress up and as an adult Halloween always gave me an excuse too! I've been thinking about my costumes I've made over the years. I have a fun pioneer that can pass off as bow peep! I've been a flapper, a gypsy, a witch (that Halloween costume was a disaster that needs to be done over!). A princess, in which I won best costume at two Halloween parties, I was very proud of myself. This year I just can't dress up, with a baby due on that day, who knows what kind of outfit I would or could fit into, so I'm just not trying this year.
The big plus of being a mom who loves Halloween, is I spoil my boys like crazy! I also make their costumes. Kepler was a Monkey one year, and last year he was Buzz Lightyear. That was one fun costume to make. It was completely made of vinyl, so he looked like a plastic Buzz Lightyear. People didn't even believe Sean at one party that I made it because it was so detailed and plastic. He loved it so much and wore it often throughout the year! This year, since moving to Utah, we decided to do Cowboys, as I knew I would have to make two of the same thing (Philip has to do whatever Kepler does). So enter the cowboy scene. I've bought hats and play guns and holsters. I need to either find a good chap pattern or some chaps at a store. Tonight, I just finished cutting out the cloth for two dusters, which I'm particularly excited for! I'm excited to see my cowboys round up the neighborhood!
The big plus of being a mom who loves Halloween, is I spoil my boys like crazy! I also make their costumes. Kepler was a Monkey one year, and last year he was Buzz Lightyear. That was one fun costume to make. It was completely made of vinyl, so he looked like a plastic Buzz Lightyear. People didn't even believe Sean at one party that I made it because it was so detailed and plastic. He loved it so much and wore it often throughout the year! This year, since moving to Utah, we decided to do Cowboys, as I knew I would have to make two of the same thing (Philip has to do whatever Kepler does). So enter the cowboy scene. I've bought hats and play guns and holsters. I need to either find a good chap pattern or some chaps at a store. Tonight, I just finished cutting out the cloth for two dusters, which I'm particularly excited for! I'm excited to see my cowboys round up the neighborhood!
Comments