"moving" right along
The past month has been a whirl wind. With Emmy coming the Sunday after we closed on the house, we didn't have the urgency to get in like before. So we are doing all the updates and maintenance work on the house the last two weeks so it is ready to live in. The best thing ever was the painter making the suggestion to get a contractor in and Muddy all the walls so they are even and nice. That was the best advice ever given! I also love, love, love the paint colors I picked. I picked a taupe with an ivory trim and it worked beautiful. It is our little smith cottage! We also had to buy another stove! Sean and I picked out a very cool gas stove and after Sears claimed there was a leak in my pipes and finding it was actually a faulty stove, I have one working perfectly. I have three rooms basically unpacked, the boys room, the kitchen and our multi-purpose room (study, music, sewing, photography). The family room is pretty much put together as the movers lost our electronics. Its a little fishy how out of all our stuff that one seems to be missing! And to top it off I remember having an argument over it with the driver and the three guys unpacking the truck. They claimed that one of the glass packs that they couldn't find a number on had to be that number (found the missing number on another box that had three!). Come to find out as I've researched my inventory, we only accounted for 3 glass packs, there should have been 4. Oh well, at least it wasn't my cross stitches or any of the photography. Its all replaceable, expensive, but replaceable. In fact I think that box alone was more than 1/3 of the cost of the move. Sucks to be them. I have phone and Internet finally being installed next Tuesday and we set up the dryer with the correct hookup last night. Tonight I'm off to buy a bed for Philip so we can all be in a bed by tomorrow evening. Cross your fingers! I'm so excited! Now I'm ready for the holidays and I actually get to put Christmas lights on my own house!
Comments