Confessions of a Drama Mama
Ok. I admit. I've always been a drama queen. As I've gotten older I liked to feel I've controlled that. But here is another drama in my life.
Confession: Why is it that I have no faith in our public K-12 education system. I have bright children who really want to learn, but I'm afraid I won't find the persons who will let them soar! I know that I'm not that person and in some ways feel as if I'm holding them back. I'm so nervous that they will have to succumb to social structure and loose that love of learning they already have... the truth is I'm scared to death that the education has already failed and there is nothing I can do. Can anyone help me out there with this fear? Is this something I should take my own advice on and get over it? or is it a real concern?
Confession: Why is it that I have no faith in our public K-12 education system. I have bright children who really want to learn, but I'm afraid I won't find the persons who will let them soar! I know that I'm not that person and in some ways feel as if I'm holding them back. I'm so nervous that they will have to succumb to social structure and loose that love of learning they already have... the truth is I'm scared to death that the education has already failed and there is nothing I can do. Can anyone help me out there with this fear? Is this something I should take my own advice on and get over it? or is it a real concern?
Comments