Quilting Group
March began with joining my first quilters guild group! I had watch my mother-in-law enjoy herself and get projects done with this group for almost 5 months and was jealous of all the fun things they were doing. It is a hard group to get into because its so fun. So in February I asked the president to put me on the waiting list and found that people had to drop out and there were spots. Was I excited! So the first meeting I got a babysitter for the morning and went. I love it, and it gets me inspired to work harder at my projects so I can show them off! April was a baby shower theme and since I just had a baby it was fun to show my hard work off! I was bummed that I couldn't go to the retreat, but I had such short notice and not enough time to find a babysitter, but thats fine because I found a small group who are hand quilters and each Wed. we hand quilt a quilt for auction! I'm having so much fun and meeting new people with same interest has been a very nice pick me up! I'm hoping to find an all day babysitter next group meeting so I can enjoy the Home Machine Quilting Show, but so far the prospects are looking dim, but I can't complain at least I can get out for a few hours for the meeting.
Comments