I have a Gripe...
I'm a little perturb about how the church does their so called lottery for tickets to see shows. Usually I don't let it bother me. Every time I knew I was coming to Salt Lake to see family for the holidays I would try to get tickets for the Christmas Concert the Mormon Tabernacle Choir gives every year. No such luck the past 8 years. Oh well, Right? I mean I am coming to see family and it isn't a big deal. Now that I have been in Utah for a year I figure, yep after eight years I should be able to get tickets, (Did try last year...) Yep and again I got the same email, sorry, but you can buy our DVD and watch last years!
I'm just not satisfied this year and not willing to let it go for some odd reason. I mean I did got to it for most of college, while it was still in the tabernacle and I saw the first one they did in the conference center. So why am I bothered, and the answer is I really don't know. Maybe its the whole lottery thing. I mean come on a church who strongly opposes anything to do with gambling uses a gambling system to give out tickets. No matter how you look at it I really hate these systems. I don't ever win these things. Reason I got to see the tabernacle concerts before is I went downtown to the ticket window and waited in line for a bit.
I'm still questioning why they don't do that anymore. I just don't see how 80,000 tickets can just go like that.... I didn't think that many mormons lived here anymore. Or maybe because its free no matter the religion people like to see them. I can't blame them, I'm one of those people.
Thanks for letting me gripe... it did help to get over a bit. If just a bit....
I'm just not satisfied this year and not willing to let it go for some odd reason. I mean I did got to it for most of college, while it was still in the tabernacle and I saw the first one they did in the conference center. So why am I bothered, and the answer is I really don't know. Maybe its the whole lottery thing. I mean come on a church who strongly opposes anything to do with gambling uses a gambling system to give out tickets. No matter how you look at it I really hate these systems. I don't ever win these things. Reason I got to see the tabernacle concerts before is I went downtown to the ticket window and waited in line for a bit.
I'm still questioning why they don't do that anymore. I just don't see how 80,000 tickets can just go like that.... I didn't think that many mormons lived here anymore. Or maybe because its free no matter the religion people like to see them. I can't blame them, I'm one of those people.
Thanks for letting me gripe... it did help to get over a bit. If just a bit....
Comments