Science Projects



This last year, kindergarten has been an eye opener for me.  Truthfully I have no idea what I'm doing and just hope and pray that I keep my eyes open and help my child along with his schooling.  Finding a school for him was a battle for me, I wanted to make the right decision that will help both of us.  I believe its working really well.  He has many friends and his teacher is amazing.  She really understands six year olds and as a parent I really needed that.  I needed someone to help me out with my son and Mrs. Carruth has done that.  This year for science projects they have the kids try to learn what research is and how to present it.  I love it, no grades or anything just their imagination.  Kepler got assigned the moon and though he wasn't thrilled about it everyday I made him ask questions about it and read about it so that he could get interested.  I was amazed out how much he enjoys the research part of it, which I think he takes from his Dad, however I was shocked how much like his mom he is.  For his presentation he wanted to start with me making him a space suit and than making up a song that he can sing for everyone.  When I explained to him that we only have 2 weeks, he then went to say, lets get out a projector and do a presentation like daddy and grandpa do?  I just had to laugh!  This little six year old already knows what a good presentation is.  I finally just took him to office max and said you can pick what you would like to present it.  He went crazy when he saw the black poster board, so we went to it.  I'm proud to say that I had him type the words and paste them on the poster.  It wasn't as "cool" as a computer presentation, but he was excited to learn about the moon and that was all that mattered.  Good Job Kepler!  Keep up the learning excitement.

Comments

Popular Posts