A Knew BIKE!

We told Kepler on his Birthday that we were getting him a bike for his Birthday.  Only problem is that I hadn't quite found what bike I wanted to get him and at a reasonable price, plus it was January.  So comes march and warm weather, finally the bikes start coming into the shops.  After much research online I decided to go check some of them out.  Toy store wasn't offering what I wanted, and because of a sale they didn't have much in stock.  Of course the bike shops had exactly what I wanted, but I wasn't going to spend $300 on a kids bike, lets be real!  So I went into REI to see the last one on my researched list.  They had just got one in and hadn't even put it together.  So they put it together for me and Kepler and I both fell in love and I bought it!  I even got to use our membership dividend money we had earned and saved myself some money. 

We went immediately out the next day to start riding.  Kepler really grasped the idea quickly.  we spent most of the day just learning to hold it up, get on it and get off it.  Than of course I ran for a good 10 minutes holding him and the bike.  He went a good 50 feet without me holding him on the first day.  Of course stopping was a complete disaster.  So much that he didn't really want to do it for awhile. 

Here he is on his first day with his new bike!






Comments

Popular Posts