Easter
We had a delightful Easter Week!
First my daffodils and a few tulips popped out of the ground. We had two easter egg hunts with cousins and I did a quick evening lesson about the last week of Jesus' life with pictures. My kids love guessing which picture of events came next, discussing it and than hang it up on the fireplace. I also did a no candy Easter so I had these big fun spring gifts in which none fit in the baskets. I did flip flops, water guns, Books, chalk, Puzzles and so I wrapped them up in fun spring time paper and had them look for eggs with numbers in them. They then exchanged the number for the gift and opened it.
I then successfully cooked up a huge turkey dinner for our Easter feast complete with strawberries and Angel food cake for dessert. I got the boys new Sunday outfits, however didn't get Emmy's dress completed. With encouragement from sean to stop pushing myself before I spend more time fixing mistakes, than putting a dress together and stressing myself out, I put it down and focused on having a fun weekend. Why is it as a mother its so hard to meet deadlines! I knew I should have started back in January/February. I really didn't realise how much hand embroidery and smocking was involved. If I had done the dress in cotton, it would have had it finished. But alas, I chose Silk Dupioni, its harder than it looked to smock. Next time I really need to give myself more time when working with a different fabric.
First my daffodils and a few tulips popped out of the ground. We had two easter egg hunts with cousins and I did a quick evening lesson about the last week of Jesus' life with pictures. My kids love guessing which picture of events came next, discussing it and than hang it up on the fireplace. I also did a no candy Easter so I had these big fun spring gifts in which none fit in the baskets. I did flip flops, water guns, Books, chalk, Puzzles and so I wrapped them up in fun spring time paper and had them look for eggs with numbers in them. They then exchanged the number for the gift and opened it.
I then successfully cooked up a huge turkey dinner for our Easter feast complete with strawberries and Angel food cake for dessert. I got the boys new Sunday outfits, however didn't get Emmy's dress completed. With encouragement from sean to stop pushing myself before I spend more time fixing mistakes, than putting a dress together and stressing myself out, I put it down and focused on having a fun weekend. Why is it as a mother its so hard to meet deadlines! I knew I should have started back in January/February. I really didn't realise how much hand embroidery and smocking was involved. If I had done the dress in cotton, it would have had it finished. But alas, I chose Silk Dupioni, its harder than it looked to smock. Next time I really need to give myself more time when working with a different fabric.
Comments