Spring is a time of renewal!
So here in Utah Spring is in full swing and its not even April. Flowers have already popped out of the ground and planting will need to start soon. With Spring comes my new years resolutions! There is something about the change in weather to get you going on goals. I bagged January New Years resolutions about 4 years ago as it wasn't helping anyone including myself, just another holiday stress. A few years back I started doing my goals on my birthday and that was very successful, however May is a bit late to start some goals, so I decided that with the new hints of spring I would need to start planning and mapping my goals for the next 3-6 months depending on the goal. Then when fall comes around I reevaluate myself and my progress with my goals and find need for improvement or keep the steady course. What is weird is that now my Kepler is old enough to do this as well and last month we sat down and mapped out his goal to recieve his Wolf badge in scouts. I had forgotten how nice it feels to make a plan with small goals and steadily watch it take fold. There are days he just doesn't want to do it, but I show what he has done and what he has left and it makes him smile. Nothing like teaching a principle to remind you how important it is in your own life. I've always been goal oriented, full of purpose, and I always try to succeed with that goal, even if that means the success was a complete failure. I know that sounds strange, but only by trying things do you realize you can't do some things. Here is to Spring and Goals!
Comments