Neighborhood Blues

     In November of 2010 we closed on a small red brick home in Millcreek UT and moved into an incredible neighborhood on an awesome street! 

     For the past six years my kids have had the opportunity to ride bikes, play night games, swim parties, outdoor  movies, chase, hide n seek and the list goes on.  Best thing is on our street alone it was with 20 other fun kids their age.  Needless to say summers are a blast.  
     This last Fall the first of these families began to move away.  Slowly one by one each family on our street have moved on with their adventures.  This week we will have two more with two more listing their homes. 
    I will be honest, since getting married, I had moved so much I have never experienced the feeling of being "left behind" that it has taken me awhile to come to terms with it.   Though those last 6 years have been Golden years, it is hard to say goodbye to a good thing.  I cry even as I write this! 
      My hope is that I can learn from these amazing neighbors examples and try to be the same to these new families and couples moving in and keep this amazing community going strong.  The community I fell in love with when I saw this home!


Comments

Popular Posts