End of School Year



Its time to wrap up the 2016-2017 school season.  What a year it has been!

Kepler is sad to have school end.  He loved it all as always his usually response.  I liked how much he learned about our country and government and how an election year fell on his 5th grade year and how important it is to understand how it was formed and how it works.

Philip is excited for a break  (This will last one week before he is begging for a routine).  He will miss Hands on Science, which was his favorite part of 3rd grade.  His biggest strides have been with social interaction and learning to communicate more with his feelings.  His teacher was the perfect fit for him and I'm sad to see her go.

Emmy is like Kepler, she is sad to see the school year end too.  She has learned how to read very well and I'm proud how she loves to learn and wants to do it on her own.

They all have learned and progressed so much.  I'm proud of them and part of me is super excited to have the day with my kids, where I get to make the schedule and plans.  The other part of me is worried I will not find time for myself and the kids and we drive each other crazy.  Hopefully we find a groove that fits us all!

I think I have a good schedule to hit the ground running for summer.  I'm making a better effort to include and expect my kids to help around the home.  Have short, but challenging worksheets for Language Arts, Math, & Reading Comprehension.  Make free time more productive, rewarding, & relaxing.  Its far from perfect, but my hope is that by the end of the summer my goal to  have more kind, responsible, obedient, and respectful children.

My goal is to be more ZEN!  Lately my motto is "It is what it is"


Comments

Popular Posts